MARIST JUNIOR FOOTBALL CATERS FOR A WIDE AGE RANGE WITH SOMETHING ON OFFER FROM AGE’S 4-13YEARS.
If you are new to football or the area come along to our Registration day and talk to one of our Committee Members about how you or your child can get involved. If you are a returning player it is important to re-register your intentions to play.
We are always in need of Volunteer Coaches, Managers and Referees to help out. We encourage all Coaches and Referees to take up the offer of coaching courses provided by Central Football.
We are looking forward to another great year of Football in the Manawatu area.
Visit centralfootball.co.nz for the latest fixtures and results.
Cell: 021 168 8019 (text only)
Returning Players and Transferring Players:
1. You would have received an email from NZ Football with your login and password for MyComet. If you no longer have it click on this link https://mycomet-oceania.analyticom.de/en_NZ/login and then click on Reset Password.
2. Once you have logged in click on Select Items from the left-hand pane.
3. This will take you to the Comet Items screen - select PN Marist Junior FC from the dropdown menu.
4. Select the "+" to confirm the correct registration for your child. This will add the item to your cart.
5. Once done, select Proceed to Checkout to view your cart, check it is correct and then select Submit Payment and the 'Pay Later' option. Credit Card payment is not an option.
1. Click on this link My Comet Oceania and then click on Don't have an Account? Sign Up. This will enable you to create a profile for one child within the NZ Footall MyComet database. For each child, you need to start back at Don't have and Account.
2. Once you have set up your account, you will be sent a verification email. Log in off this email and Select Items from the left hand pane.
3. This will take you to the Comet Items screen - next to Seller, search for PN Marist Junior FC in the dropdown box. Select the "+" to select the correct registration for your child. This will be added to your cart.
4. Once done, proceed to Checkout and view your cart. Check it is correct then select Submit Payment and the Pay Later option. Note: Each player has a separate profile, so if you are registering more than one child, family member, you will need to do this separately against their own profile.
Subs are to be paid via internet banking: Marist Junior Soccer Club - Westpac Bank 03 0726 0511010 00. Each payment needs a reference. e.g. C Young Y10
First Kicks (boys and girls turning 4, 5 or 6 during the season) = $25.00 each
Family discounts apply for junior players (boys/girls turning 7,8,9,10,11,12 or 13 during the season).
First junior player - $85.00 (no discount)
Second junior player - $75.00 ($10.00 discount)
Third junior player - $75.00 ($10.00 discount)
e.g. Subs for all other grades (7th-13th) - First child from a family is $85.00, subsequent child from the same family is $75.00 each.
McDonald's First Kicks in conjunction with Mortgage Connect
First Kicks (4th, 5th and 6th Grade)
First Kicks is a New Zealand Football mandated programme that is part of the evolution of football in New Zealand. It is a programme that is part of the ‘Whole of Football Plan’ (WOFP) that is specific to 4 and 5-year-olds. These sessions are aimed at 4 - 6-year-olds with or without any previous experience kicking a ball.
Early engagement for players as young as 4 years old into the game helps allow the children to opportunity to discover the game provide for learning basic fundamental movement skills and create positive football experiences.
When do we train/play? Friday afternoons between 5:15 pm and 6:15 pm behind the Marist Clubrooms, 17A Pascal St, Palmerston North. The programme typically on a Friday
· 5:15 pm – Muster and assignment of grid groups at the Marist Clubrooms
· 5:30pm-6:00 pm – training in grids
· 6:10 pm – Re-group for certificates and club notices.
What do the children require? We expect all children to arrive in white shorts, Marist green socks, shin pads and it would be great if they have boots but sneakers are fine. Shirts will be provided for the length of the season.
Who trains the kids? Volunteers from the club or friends of the club who will be overseen by a co-ordinator from the Marist Junior Football Club. Parents will be encouraged to support the coach and their child when and where possible throughout the season. A coaching evening will be held to upskill prospective coaches if necessary.
What’s new? This year and going forward we will be separating girls and boys in an effort to get more girls playing football, and to assist in them having more touches on the ball every session. We need the numbers in order for this to work, so bring a friend.
How does it work? Children are divided into teams of 8-10 players. Depending on numbers 3 or 4 periods of 8 minutes each, of grid play will take place. The children rotate around the different squares with a "Game Leader" in each square for a different football-related activity in each. After this, the children have a 4 vs 4 game of football. Parents will be encouraged to support their child during these exercises in a positive manner.
7th Grade and 8th Grade
Fun Football is a New Zealand Football mandated programme that is part of the evolution of football in New Zealand. It is part of the ‘Whole of Football Plan’ (WOFP) that will eventually encompass the entire junior and senior spectrum of football in New Zealand.
How does it work? Your son or daughter is placed into a team following their registration and will be in this team for the season (unless a change is required, in collaboration with the Grade Coordinator and Club Captain). A coach will be assigned/volunteer. They coach/manage this team for the duration of the season. During the season the morning starts with approximately 4 skills training exercises (set by NZ Football, these will be supplied to the coaches). Groups of players rotate through the exercises, while the coach stays where they are (i.e. the coach repeats their exercise 4 times).
After the 4 skills training exercises teams then play an interclub game.
What do the children require? Players must provide their own white shorts, Marist green socks, shin pads, and boots. Order items from https://www.sporty.co.nz/pnmaristfootball/ our club shop. Playing shirts are provided by the club for the season once fees have been received. They will be collected in at the end of each season and remain the property of PN Marist Junior Football Club.
When do we train/play? On a Saturday morning for 1½ hours at Monrad Park, corner of Highbury and Ronberg St. There will be ‘away’ games several times throughout the season (e.g. Feilding, Ashhurst).In 2018: 7th Graders played 10:30am-12pm & 8th Graders played 8:45am-10:15am.
Who trains the kids? Coaches and Managers are volunteers from the parent body who will be overseen by a coordinator from Marist Junior Football Club. Expert coaching from Central Football will also assist during the season. A coaching evening will be held to upskill prospective coaches.
What about mid-week practices? This is optional as training is on a Saturday morning. Some teams choose to have additional practice mid-week.
Why are we doing this? It is NZF’s vision for football in the future. All clubs affiliated to NZF will be required to adopt this (and other) programmes aimed at developing the best possible football players, as well as developing higher participation in the sport. Marist Junior Football Club is following this mandate (as are other junior football clubs in the Manawatu).
Where can I learn more? NZF website – www.nzfootball.co.nz
Marist Junior Football Sponsorship
As the beginning of the season starts and teams are being organized, we are in search of sponsorship for PN Marist Junior Football Club.
Marist is a very popular football club for 4 to 14 year old, based at The Marist Sports Club on Pascal Street, Palmerston North.
The club has been running for over 30 years. In the past few years we have had over 200 children each year playing for the club, using our training facilities and training equipment.
As the season begins we require sponsorship. Would your company be interested? The sponsorship would be $250.00 for the season.
What you would receive for this amount;
1. Invitation to club events along with prize giving
2. Naming rights of a team e.g. Mortgage Connect Marist United
3. Player of the Day trophy for the team with team name on it's plague.
4. Complementary photo of your sponsored team.
5. Advertising on Facebook and our website
6. We will acknowledge your sponsorship with a tax receipt.